Monday, March 25, 2013

Other Side Of The Road


In life, there are several occasions when everything seems perfect but not the timing. Sometimes there are two people, deeply in love with each other but not at the same time. This situation is much like finding yourself in traffic trying to reach the other side. A few lines to bring out the similarity metaphorically. Read on!



We met at the middle of the road; fresh from our tryst with the pavements;
The pavement that gave us something to hold on – a surety, a security.
Security that made us avoid the sunlight so bright
Surety that took us away from the moon so light!
But we decided to take a leap of faith and in the midst of the brewing crowd,
 One single entity we were – entwined and inseparable!
We stuck by each other; there were rains and storms and lulls and calms
We grew together; there were games and stories and events and glories
We prayed to be together, there were fierce quarrels and  tear-filled barrels
We were a world of our own, we were content with how much our little universe had grown!
Out of the blue came a huge red can – uprooting everything on its way – Trust and Faith alike
Panic-stricken, we took to our feet, from the road to the familiar pavement
I looked around and saw that you weren't there!
But I had the scarf which, in the chill you had made me wear.
I looked hard, I looked straight ahead.
There you were on the pavement – but on the opposite side!
I waited for the traffic to lessen, to give me a chance to cross
But one step forward and another can would whiz past me
Leaving me gasping and blinded – momentarily
I finally made up my mind, I looked around to find some help
None seemed interested so I looked towards you.
I saw your face and said “Come what may,
I will cross over from the side that has everything but you”
I dodged the traffic, kept my cool, ran with the last ounce of my strength!
When I finally reached, I was ecstatic, elated beyond measure
For I had made it to you amidst all craziness and drama
I opened my eyes to find you, and find you I did
But on the other side of the road!





4 comments: